Psalm 126:3

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so. For us to have each other, Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you.
--author unknown

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Hug from China

It's been an interesting few days to say the least and I'm not just talking about the weather. Yesterday, Gayle visited a blog of a family who's daughter is in the same orphanage as Anna. Gayle sent the family an e-mail last night congratulating them and telling them about Anna as well. Little did we know that e-mail would lead us to new photos of Anna today and a lot more information.

By the way - thank you Laura! I think that our families must have had a red thread between us.

Today we have some additional photos of Anna, you can see them attached below. As well, we learned about a website for families of children adopted from the Chongqing Fuling First Social Welfare Institute (this is where Anna currently lives). It's been interesting to see the institute and we learned about a program called First Hugs.

First Hugs is an infant nurture program with specially trained nannies. These nannies work with 3-4 infants for 6 hours a day, 6 days a week. During the First Hugs time, babies receive loving attention from their nanny and have the chance to develop their muscles through floor time. Gayle and I think this is a wonderful program. Our family and Anna will benefit from being in the program, because it will make bonding with Anna easier.


Enjoy the pictures and drive safely in the snow.

Matt


Anna is in the middle. (Oct 14, 2007)


Taken Nov.17 , 2007



This is Anna - bottom left. Date-?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to get our hands on her!!! She's already in our hearts.We will hope for an early delivery lol.Love you all XOxoXoxO Mom