Psalm 126:3

The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

The Gift of Life

I didn't give you the gift of life, But in my heart I know. The love I feel is deep and real, As if it had been so. For us to have each other, Is like a dream come true! No, I didn't give you The gift of life, Life gave me the gift of you.
--author unknown

Friday, January 25, 2008

What's the next step?

This week, we received MORE paperwork for the adoption. It actually included our VISA application (and I'm not referring to the credit card), hotel accommodations, and a map of the Hong Kong airport. This was exciting. As our caseworker said , "it should keep you busy for a while". Well, it's already done and mailed back.

What we are now waiting on is the "Letter of Approval" from China. Since Anna was first matched to us by our agency, China needs to give the official nod to continue. It's really just a formality. Then, the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) will find our dossier and translate it. Then they will send a "Letter of Invitation" to travel to China. At that time, we will buy plane tickets and we'll be sending our visas (Anna's and mine) to China. Then we will receive the notice for "travel approval(TA). We will then be traveling within 2-8 weeks of the approval. Hope that helps clear things up with the sequence of events. It still is a long road ahead.

Other news for this week, Carter turned 6. Nolan lost another tooth, he came home with another space in his mouth. And Ben's eye is healing up nicely. He still likes to tell people that he hurt it on the couch. He's milking it for all it's worth. Hope all are staying warm. Brrrr! it is cold!

Blessings,
Gayle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying figure out this "commenting" thing. I'm not that great with computers. Anyway, I looked up your blog, and I LOVE it and will stay up-to-date. I look at it once in a while just to look at your lovely daughter. She IS beautiful. You are all in my prayers, especially, little Anna.